Pro Level Pre-Season training Macrocycle 2-D
Weeks 31-36 of Macrocycle 2 for Pre-Season training. This is a Friday workout(upper body). Do 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up to start workout. Complete in straight sets with 75 seconds rest between sets.
Kneel to Pushup
Start Position: Your body will be in an upright position sitting on your knees.
Hold medicine ball at chest level. Keeping your torso erect fall forward and chest press the medicine ball to a partner or a wall.
Upon releasing the ball drop your hands to the floor and immediately complete a push-up.
Advanced athletes: To make this more challenging have a partner throw the ball back to you. You will have to explode up with the push-up so that you are back in the seated upright position on your knees. Your partner will throw the ball back to you and then repeat the exercise until the desired repetitions are met.
Extended Range 1 Arm Floor Press
Starting Position: Lie supine on your back holding a kettleball in one hand.
Alternating with your arms press up kettleball.
Slightly rotate your trunk when pressing the kettleball up.
Repeat with the other arm.
Squat Throw from Chest
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Knees should be slightly bent.
2.Hold medicine ball at chest level and squat down to a parallel position.
3.Quickly explode up and jump as high as you can. As you start your jump you should start to shoulder press the ball up and reach full extensions with the arms when you are at the peak of your jump. Push ball as high as possible into the air. Try to minimize the time spent in the squatted position. It should be a real quick squat and jump.
Catch ball on the bounce and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Over the Back Toss
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Have a partner or trainer stand approximately 10-15 yards behind you.
2. Grasp ball and lower body into a semi-squat position. Explode up extending the entire body and throwing medicine ball up and over the body.
3. The goal is to throw the ball behind you as far as you and generating most of the power in the legs.
4. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Close Grip Cable Pulldown
1) Adjust seat or knee pad height so that knees are secured while seated.
2) Grasp bar with underhand grip shoulder width apart and sit with knees secured in pad.
3) Start position: Fully extend arms with elbows facing forward with back straight (you may lean back at hips approximately 5°-10°).
4) Pull bar down to upper chest area and squeeze shoulder blades together at end of movement.
5) Return to start position.
6) Remember to keep torso stationary throughout movement.
Seated Cable Tricep Extension
1. Sit in upright position at about a 45 degree angle.
2. Start position: Grasp cable handle shoulder or medium width apart with overhand grip (palms down). Press cable handle directly overhead (now palms are up).
3. Stabilize shoulders and lower weight moving only at the elbow joint until forearm is parallel to floor. Keep elbows pointing forward throughout movement.
4. Return to start position.
Remember to keep back and head straight - hyperextension or flexion may cause injury.
Lateral Cable Raise
1) Stand with feet shoulder width apart
2) Start position: Grasp cable with an underhand grip (palms facing forward). Arms should hang down at sides with elbows slightly bent.
3) Raise cable to side of body at shoulder height. Keep elbow only slightly bent with thumbs pointing up throughout movement.
4) Return to start position.
5) Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position - hyperextension or flexion may cause injury. Keep shoulders stabilized by squeezing shoulder blades together throughout movement.
Rear Delt Machine Fly
1. Start position: Face into machine and grab machine handles.
2. With elbows slightly bent and facing back bring hands back in semi-circular motion and squeeze shoulder blades together at top of movement.
3. Return to start position.
4. Remember to keep head in a neutral position.
Incline Hammer Curls
1. Start by lying on an incline bench with your arms at your side holding dumbells and palms facing in.
2. Slowly curl the dumbells up keeping your palms facing in and your elbows at your side.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat for the required number of repetitions.