Pro Level In-Season training Macrocycle 1-A
Weeks 37-41(or longer) of Macrocycle 1 for In-Season training. This is a 2x a week workout. Complete 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up to start workout. Complete in supersets of 2-3 exercises with 30 seconds rest between exercises. Rest 1-2 minutes between sets.
Lateral Barrier Jump
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with right side of body facing the barrier.
2. Hop to the right using both feet over the barrier.
3. Jump back to the start point.
4. Repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
Leg Lateral Line Hop
1. Stand with left foot directly beside a line.
2. Pushing off with the left foot, hop and land with left foot on the other side of the line.
3. Continue hopping back and forth till you hit the required repetitions. Repeat with other leg.
5. Remember to keep knees slightly bent.
Cable Leg Curls
1. Start by standing in front of the machine with one cable strap around 1 leg.
2. Maintaining your balance curl that leg up and back until your foot almost touches your butt.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat for the prescribed repetitions.
4. Repeat with the other leg.
1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent. Arms should be at sides and bent up to 90°.
2. Hop continuously on both feet using only the ankles to project body up.
3. Remember to extend the ankles to their maximum range on each hop to ensure proper mechanics (or full plantar flexion).
For added resistance, use light (20-35 lb) dumbells.
Crunch (feet on ball)
1. Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees on top of the ball and hands behind head. Keep elbows back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench.
3. Return to start position.
4. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
Weighted Russian Twist
1. Roll out onto ball in a supine position. The ball should be on your upper back.
2. Keeping your hips and body parallel to the floor (no sagging of the hips) rotate your shoulders to the right holding a dumbell with your arms extended.
3. Remember to keep your trunk parallel with the floor.
4. Now rotate towards your left and repeat back and forth until the desired number of repetitions is met. The ball should pretty much stay in one place. Keep your body in a straight line and parallel with the floor. No sagging of the hips.
Incline DB chest press on SB ball
1. Lie on the ball so that the ball is under your upper back. Drop your hips so that they are only a couple of inches off the floor.
2. Start with the dumbells at shoulder level and proceed to press them straight up toward the ceiling.
3. Remember to keep your hands directly above your elbows during the press phase. The dumbells should end up directly above your chest.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat.
1) Adjust seat or knee pad height so that knees are secured while seated.
2) Grasp bar with a overhand grip wider than shoulder width apart and sit with knees secured in pads.
3) Start position: Fully extend arms with elbows facing out with back straight (you may lean back at hips approximately 5°-10°).
4) Pull bar down to upper chest area and squeeze shoulder blades together at end of movement.
5) Return to start position.
6) Remember to keep torso stationary throughout movement.