Pro Level Foundational training Macrocycle 1-C
Weeks 1-6 of Macrocycle 1 for Foundational training. This is a Friday workout(lats, lower back, biceps, abs). Do 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up to start workout. Complete in straight sets with 60 seconds rest between sets.
1. Start Position: Assume a shoulder width stance, knees inside arms. Feet flat on floor.
2. Position shoulders slightly over bar and grab bar. Begin pull by extending the knees.
3. Keep angle of your back constant and lift bar straight up. Keep bar close to the body and keep shoulders directly over the bar.
4. Return to starting position.
Use a pyramid scheme.
Seated Back Extension
Starting Position: Sit upright in the machine with your upper back against the roller.
Keeping your back flat hyperextend so that you push against the roller pad.
Extend back to almost a neutral position and then return to the starting position.
1) Position hands wider than shoulder width apart with overhand grip (palms facing forward).
2) Start position: Hang with arms fully extended and elbows facing away from body. Feet may be crossed with knees bent.
3) Pull body up until bar is below chin level.
4) Return to start position.
5) Remember to keep the movement controlled with the body stable to minimize momentum and body sway. If the bar is too high, it is advisable to use a step to ensure proper hand placement as well as safety.
Alternating Renegade Row
1) Lie face down on the floor with your hands and dumbells directly underneath your chest.
2) Place hands slightly wider than shoulder width, and feet should be at hip width with toes on floor.
3) Start position: Extend the elbows and raise the body off the floor.
4) One at a time lift a dumbbell like in a rowing movement.
5) Return to the start position by extending the arm and then lift the other arm.
6) Remember to keep the head and trunk stabilized in a neutral position by isometrically contracting the abdominal and back muscles. Never fully lock out the elbows at the start position and avoid hyperextension of the low back.
1) Stand with feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
2) Start position: Grasp bar with underhand grip (palms facing forward) approximately hip width apart and allow arms to hang down at sides. Elbows should be close to sides.
3) Flex at the elbows and curl bar up to approximately shoulder level. Keep elbows close to sides throughout movement.
4) Return to start position.
5) Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position throughout movement. Shoulders should be stabilized by squeezing shoulder blades together slightly - only the elbow joint should be moving.
Preacher Machine Bicep Curls
1. Start by sitting in the machine and placing your arms on top of the pad.
2. Grab the handles with your palms facing up.
3. Curl the bar up towards your chest and then return to the starting position and repeat.
Cable Hip Raise
1) Lie back onto floor or bench with both knees bent and feet flat. Place hands at sides.
2) Contract abdominal muscles continuously to stabilize trunk (or tuck stomach in by drawing naval in towards spine). Lower back should be in a neutral position.
3) Start position: Raise both feet 8-12 inches off floor or bench with cable attached.
4) Straighten legs without touching feet on floor.
5) Return to start position.
6) Remember to maintain stability in lower back throughout movement by keeping abdominal muscles contracted - DO NOT ARCH LOWER BACK. To reduce intensity, extend legs so that feet are greater than 12 inches from floor or bench and progress from there.
Single Leg Alternating Pull In
Rollout on the ball until your shins are on the ball and you are forming a bridge.
Keeping this position roll one knee in towards your chest.
Return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.