College Workout 3
Twisters with medicine ball
1. Place a medicine ball in between your knees and hold.
2. While holding the medicine ball squat down and twist your knees side to side in a twisting motion.
3. Stand up and repeat the exercise for the prescribed repetitions.
BOSU Leg Abduction
1. Stand with right foot on the top of the bubble letting left leg hang free. 2. When you feel stable, try to lift left leg off the BOSU to the side or front, keeping abs are tight and shoulders level.
3. Repeat for desired reps and then switch sides.
A Challenging move after getting started...will drill the hip flexors really well.
Alternating Aerobic Lunge
1. This can be high or low impact. Stand on the ball and take left foot diagonally behind you, punching left arm across the body. Bring the foot back and switch legs.
2. For high impact, begin with your foot on top, other foot lunging back. Jump up and switch so that the other food lands in the middle of the BOSU and the other foot lunges.
3. Repeat for desired repetitions.
Keeping the intensity going try this one on for size.
1. Sit with hips slightly forward on the ball and place your hands behind you on the ball.
2. Lift your legs up into a V and lean torso back, keeping back straight and abs contracted. To make it more difficult, take hands out in front or more difficult over your head.
3. Repeat for the required time.
You might as well get some core exercises in there while you are at it....
Start Position: Hold medicine ball with your arms extended overhead.
In one continuous motion bring the ball down in a circular motion.
Squat down so that the ball is just off of the ground during the bottom portion of the circle.
Repeat for prescribed repetitions and then reverse the circle.
Lateral Leg Swings
1. Start by holding onto a secure object and raise your outside leg out to the side.
2. In a smooth and continuous motion swing your leg back and forth across the front of your body.
3. Swing through your full range of motion but keep your upper body stable throughout the movement.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions and then flip sides and repeat with the other leg.
Alternating Split Squat Jump
1) Stand with feet hip width apart. Take left leg and step back approximately 2 feet standing on the ball of back foot.
2) Feet should be positioned at a staggered stance with head and back erect and straight in a neutral position. Place hands on waist.
3) Lower body by bending at right hip and knee until thigh is parallel to floor then immediately explode vertically.
4) Switch feet in the air so that the back foot lands forward and vice versa.
5) Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full plantar flexion) ensure proper mechanics.
Supine Bridge and Hold
1. Lie on your back and your knees bent with your feet flat on the floor.
2. Press your heels into the ground so that your hips come up off the ground.
3. Hold this position for the suggested number of seconds and then return to the starting position.
4. Repeat for the required repetitions.
Supine Calf Raise
1. Lie on your back with the ball under your upper back.
2. Push off your toes so that your heels and legs rise towards the ceiling.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat for the prescribed repetitions.