Dynamic Warmup 5
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
- Repeat this circuit 6-8 times.
High Knee Drill
1. Stand in place with feet hip width apart.
2. Drive knee up towards chest and quickly place the foot back on the ground.
3. Drive other knee up in a moderate to fast jog with minimal ground contact time.
1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent. Arms should be at sides and bent up to 90°.
2. Hop continuously on both feet using only the ankles to project body up.
3. Remember to extend the ankles to their maximum range on each hop to ensure proper mechanics (or full plantar flexion).
Skip (with arms)
Start with both feet together and begin by driving your left leg into the air and explode with the right foot so that both feet are off the ground.
Upon landing bring the left foot down and drive the right leg into the air and repeat.
Swing arms back and forth during skipping motion.
Continue this alternating motion until desired repetitions are met.
Toe Bounce Walks
Start on the balls of your feet.
Bounce up and down using only your ankles extending to propel you off the ground.
Stay on the balls of your feet at all times.
This should be a light quick bounce to your walk while staying on the balls of your feet.
1. Jog into the start of the drill for forward momentum.
2. After a few feet, forcefully push off with the left foot and bring the leg forward. At same time drive your right arm forward.
3. Repeat with other leg and arm
4. This exercise is an exaggerated running motion focusing on foot push-off and air time.
Count Body Builders
Start in a standing position and bend your knees and place your hands on the ground.
Extend your legs back into a push up position.
Bring your knees back in towards chest and stand back up.
This should be a continuous motion and be fluid.