Abdominal Workout 18
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
- Rest 1 minute between circuits.
Arm Raise on Ball
1. Start by placing your feet on top of the ball and holding a plank position with your hands on the ground.
2. Once your body is stabilized in this plank position slowly raise one arm off the ground.
3. Bring the arm forward and then return to the ground.
4. Repeat with the other arm.
Reverse Crunch with stability ball
1) Start position: Lie with back on floor with hips flexed at 90° and feet in air. Place a ball between your legs and squeeze with your lower legs.
2) Leading with the heels towards the ceiling, raise glutes (butt) off floor.
3) Return to start position.
4) Remember keep legs from swinging to prevent momentum throughout the exercise.
Leg Plank with Push-up
1) Lie face down with chest on flexaball.
2) Take your hands and walk forward allowing the flexaball to roll under your body until the top of your feet are supported by the flexaball.
3) Start position: Place your hands slightly wider than shoulder width, fingers pointing straight ahead, and aligned at the nipple line. Remove one foot and suspend it 4-6 inches above the flexaball.
4) Lower your body (legs, hips, trunk, and head) 4-8 inches from the floor.
5) Return to the start position by extending at the elbows and pushing the body up.
Prone Knee Tucks on Ball
1. Start by placing your legs on top of a stability ball and your hands on the ground to form a plank position.
2. Drive your knees in towards your chest bringing the ball with you.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat. Keep your abs tight and your hips parallel with your body.