Abdominal Workout 15
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest between exercises.
- Rest 1 minute between circuits.
Reverse Curl with Stability Ball
1) Start position: Lie with back on floor or bench with hips flexed at 90° and feet in air holding a stability ball between your feet. Position arms at sides with palms down on floor.
2) Leading with the knees towards the ceiling, raise glutes (butt) off floor or bench.
3) Return to start position.
4) Remember keep legs from swinging to prevent momentum throughout the exercise
Squeeze Twist and Crunch
1. Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with legs extended and straight up squeezing a stability ball and hands behind head. Keep elbows back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor and twist your shoulders leading with the right shoulder.
Return to start position and repeat with the other shoulder.
Weighted Stability Ball Crunch
1. Sit in upright position on flexaball with feet flat on floor.
2. Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on lower to mid-back region. Raise hips slightly to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3. Place hands on chest holding a dumbell. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders up.
5. Return to start position.
6. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
Weighted Russian Twist
1. Roll out onto ball in a supine position. The ball should be on your upper back.
2. Keeping your hips and body parallel to the floor (no sagging of the hips) rotate your shoulders to the right holding a dumbell with your arms extended.
3. Remember to keep your trunk parallel with the floor.
4. Now rotate towards your left and repeat back and forth until the desired number of repetitions is met. The ball should pretty much stay in one place. Keep your body in a straight line and parallel with the floor. No sagging of the hips.