College Workout 1
Across Body Arm Swings
1. Stand tall and hold arms out to your side.
2. Slowly swing your arms back and forth across the front of your body.
3. Repeat this continuous motion until warm or until recommended time is met.
Forward Backward Leg Swing
1. Start by standing with your feet shoulder width apart. You can stand on a small step or on the ground.
2. Keeping your upper body perpendicular to the ground swing one leg forward and backward.
3. Do not swing your leg so hard that you can not keep your upper body from moving.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions and repeat with the other side.
Large Arm Circles
1. Stand straight with your arms out to your sides.
2. Start swinging your arms in a large circles going forward and then back.
3. Repeat for the recommended time and then repeat in the other direction.
Seated Shoulder Press (lever)
1) Sit in upright position or adjust seat to shoulder press position.
2) Adjust bottom position of press arm so that handles are approximately ear level.
3) Start position: Grasp handles with an overhand grip (palms facing forward). Elbows should be at 90° in bottom position.
4) Press weight up overhead.
5) Return to start position.
6) Do not lock out elbows. Keep back secured on seatback (if applicable) - hyperextension or flexion may cause injury.
Kneeling Shoulder Stretch with ball
1. Start by kneeling on the ground and placing your left hand and forearm on top of the ball.
2. Rotate the ball towards the right so that ball starts to travel up your arm. Remember to keep your arm straight.
3. Hold for the required time and repeat with the other side.
Yoga Back Stretch
1. Lie on your side with knees bent and hips, knees and ankles stacked. Stretch the bottom arm straight out and rest top arm on top, palms together.
2. Keeping your hips stacked and abs engaged, draw the top arm across your body with your fingertips trailing the body and out to the other side. Feel a gentle stretch in your back.
3. Draw the arm back in, stretching over the bottom arm and repeat for recommended repetitions then switch sides.
Single Leg Plank Raise
1. Start by forming a straight plank with your forearms and feet as the contact points on the ground.
2. Once the plank is formed raise one foot off the ground and then return to the starting position.
3. Repeat this movement for the desired repetitions alternating back and forth between legs.
Ball Transfer Crunch
1. Start by lying on your back with a stability ball held between your legs and your arms directly above your head.
2. Simultaneously raise your legs with the ball and your shoulders up towards the ceiling.
3. At the top grab the ball with your arms and return to the starting position with the ball in your hands.
4. Repeat this movement and transfer the ball back to your feet.
5. Repeat for the required repetitions.
1. Form a plank position with your elbows and your feet keeping your body parallel to the floor.
2. Keeping your trunk tight and parallel lift up one elbow and rotate your trunk and shoulders.
3. Hold for a count of 2 and then return to the starting position and repeat with the other arm.
4. Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.